The Parable of the Grumpy Driver
Hello loved one! Hope the new year is off to a good start. I do not have a lot of New Year resolutions. I just want to be a better version of my former self. I want to continue to nurture the relationships God has given me. Enjoy life and keep healing. There is still a lot of healing to do.
Something happened to me last year on my way to work. This was the week after Christmas. I was driving carefully, at the right speed in the slow lane. The driver behind me was no a happy camper. This driver passed with such impatience and zoomed off at an ungodly speed. I chuckled and kept going at the same chill speed. I get to the first set of lights and who do I see in front of me? The driver that just passed.
The light turns green and driver dearest zooms off again. I am still going at my chill speed. We meet again at the next set of lights. It is red. We have to stop. At this point, I am laughing. The light turns green and our royal speedy Gonzalez zooms off again. And we meet again at the next set of lights before I turn right to head to my destination.
It was a hilarious sight to behold. I just kept laughing. As I parked and got out of my car, I heard that still voice say ….”teachable moment”…. (I love the voice of my conscience….it is VERY alive!!)
It is January 7, you have your visions, you have your goals, you have your to dos…. I want to encourage you today and tell you:
- You are more than enough, you are valid, you got this!!
- Your dreams of many years that seem to be in the cooler will come to pass
- You don’t need to run faster than necessary. You will get to your destination at the appropriate time
- Comparing yourself to another person is foolishness of the highest order. You don’t know what their life is behind closed doors! There is nothing to envy.
- Celebrate where you are on the way to where you are going
I love you! Whenever you feel irritated remember the parable of the grumpy driver. Whenever you feel like life is passing you by, remember the parable of the grumpy driver. When impatience and the need for a quick fix or short cut is starting to become your resolve…….the grumpy driver!